This little dessert is perfect of an evening when you just want to curl up in an armchair with a cuppa and have something rich, sweet and chocolately!!!
It is quick and easy to make and you can get it in the oven while you are waiting for the dinner to cook 🙂 It is also gluten-free.
150g Plain Chocolate
125g Caster Sugar
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
75g Ground Almonds
4 Eggs, Separated
Pinch of Salt
1 Litre Pie Dish
- Preheat your Oven to 190oC (170oC Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease your pie dish or use some spray oil to prevent the pudding from sticking
- Place the butter, sugar and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt. Alternatively, you can put them in a plastic bowl and melt in your microwave
- Once melted, add in the vanilla extract, ground almonds and the egg yolks, mixing gently after adding each yolk
- Put the egg whites in a bowl with the pinch of salt and whisk until you achieve stiff peaks being careful not to overbeat turning the whites grainy!
- Fold in the chocolate mixture and tip into the pie dish
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 22 minutes until the outside is set and there is just a slight wobble in the centre (this will ensure you get that lovely fudgy texture)
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream
For extra indulgence, warm equal measurements of single/double cream and dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl and once combined, pour over the pudding in the bowl as a simple and delicious sauce