There is nothing I enjoy more than turning on my oven and getting a cake in to bake…. but, some days, I just want something quick and easy that doesn’t involve any complicated lining of tins (which I hate!!), creaming of sugar and butter or beating eggs!! This recipe for Chocolate Biscuit cake is so quick and easy that you can have it thrown together in a matter of minutes – no oven required 🙂
I am giving you the recipe I use here but really, while the basics can be the same, you could throw in whatever it is you like (or have to hand) such as Malteasers, Raisins, M&Ms, Crunchies, Roasted unsalted nuts etc
225g Plain Chocolate (or you could use half plain and half milk)
3 Tablespns Golden Syrup
225g Digestive Biscuits
125g Rolos (or I use the Aldi version called ‘Dome’)
60g Dried Cranberries
50g Mini Marshmallows
- Line a 20cm Square (8 inch Square) baking tin with a double layer of cling film leaving a good overhang. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in your microwave and mix well. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break up the digestive biscuits (into quarters approx) in a bowl and then pour over the chocolate mixture. Combine gently so as not to break up the biscuits any further before adding in the Rolos and mixing them in. Do this quickly as the Rolos will begin to melt and you don’t want to break them up too much (otherwise you will lose those lovely caramel chunks in your servings)
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten lightly with the back of a dessert spoon. Pour over the mini marshmallows and cover with the overhanging cling film. Press gently on the cling film with the palm of your hand to push the marshmallows into the chocolate.
- I usually put my cake into the freezer to chill but if you have time, you can leave it in your fridge
- Once set, remove from the tin. Cut into 16 pieces and dust with icing sugar
Enjoy (and you most definitely will!!) 🙂